LAPD kills armed robbery and carjacking suspectMarch 22, 2012
The man shot and killed by Los Angeles police in Shadow Hills on Wednesday afternoon had shot an employee during a tobacco shop robbery, then carjacked a woman in a Mercedes-Benz, police said.
Police said they responded to reports of a robbery about 12:45 p.m. on Glenoaks Boulevard and found that an employee had been shot in the leg. Moments later, the suspect allegedly carjacked a woman in a Mercedes and drove off with the victim still inside the car, police said.
Police chased the Mercedes until the suspect crashed into a pillar in the area of Wheatland and La Tuna Canyon Road. The suspect ran away.
Police shot the suspect after he pointed a weapon at them, according to preliminary reports. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No officers were injured during the shooting.
This area is widgetised! To make use of this area, put some widgets in the 'Main Sidebar' section.
- Donald Trump acted confused in video deposition when asked about former senior advisor, a convicted felon with Mafia ties
- Richard Dreyfuss, Glenn Beck, Ted Cruz, and Lady Gaga in Iowa
- FBI Treats San Bernardino Murders as Possible Terrorism Case
- Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect
- Ted Cruz Speaks Out in Support of America’s Policemen