Gunman shot dead by SWAT in Buena Park BankMarch 2, 2012
A gunman who had been holed up with a hostage inside a Buena Park bank was shot and wounded by SWAT team members who entered the building just after 3 p.m., authorities said.
“The suspect is wounded, I don’t know the extent of his injuries,” said Buena Park police Cpl. Andy Luong.
The female hostage was safely rescued and the suspect was taken into custody, Luong said.
He said the gunman had remained uncooperative.
Sgt. Bill Kohanek said the gunman was about 45 years old and of Korean descent. In an interview before police entered the bank, Kohanek said authorities had some contact with the gunman, but his demands were unclear.
“It sounds like a very angry person,” Kohanek said.
In contrast to earlier reports that the gunman had ordered bank customers and employees out, Kohanek said the gunman allowed them to leave at the request of police. He did, however, keep the bank manager, described as a Korean woman, as a hostage, Kohanek said.
The SWAT team is still clearing the building to determine whether any other people are inside.
The incident began just after 11 a.m., when police received a call that a robbery was in progress at the bank.
This area is widgetised! To make use of this area, put some widgets in the 'Main Sidebar' section.
- Donald Trump acted confused in video deposition when asked about former senior advisor, a convicted felon with Mafia ties
- Richard Dreyfuss, Glenn Beck, Ted Cruz, and Lady Gaga in Iowa
- FBI Treats San Bernardino Murders as Possible Terrorism Case
- Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect
- Ted Cruz Speaks Out in Support of America’s Policemen